The guidance to local Action Groups from Defra included six priorities that had to be included in the LAGs work. These are:
- Support for farming productivity
- Support for micro and small enterprises and farm diversification
- Support for rural tourism
- Provision of rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
- Support for increasing forestry productivity.
As part of the consultation process views were sought on these priorities and how they could be reflected in the priorities of the Local Action Group. It was from this work that the adjacent themes and priorities were produced.
Vale Action Themes
“To support an expanding economy within the area by supporting rural businesses including new businesses and innovative solutions to creating employment”
“To seek opportunities to reduce carbon emissions in lifestyles or business activities”
- Increase the number of jobs and economic activity in the area.
- Enhance the tourism experience in the area.
- Increase agricultural productivity or increase efficiency.
- Work with communities to enhance rural life.
- Increase the economic return from woodland or forestry in the area.