The guidance to local Action Groups from Defra included six priorities that had to be included in the LAGs' work. These are:
- Support to increase farm productivity
- Support for micro and small businesses (non agricultural) and farm diversification
- Support for rural tourism
- Provision of rural services
- Support for cultural and heritage activity
- Support for increasing forestry productivity
As part of the consultation process views were sought on these priorities and how they could be reflected in the priorities of the Local Action Group. It was from this work that the adjacent themes and priorities were produced.
Plain Action Themes
“To help ensure the expanding military population in Wiltshire over the programme life adds to the economic growth of the area.”
“To support an expanding economy within the area by supporting small rural businesses including new businesses and innovative solutions”
“To seek opportunities to reduce carbon emissions in lifestyles or business activities and to ensure the unique environment of Salisbury Plain is maintained.”
- Increase the number of jobs and economic activity in the area.
- Enhance the tourism experience in the area.
- Increase agricultural productivity or increase efficiency.
- Work with communities to enhance rural life.
- Increase the economic return from woodland or forestry in the area.